Fun Sunday morning breakfast treat, pulling inspiration from the paleo diet, Weston A. Price, Bruce Fife, and a personal obsession with blueberries. This recipe is simple, fast, clean, healthy, and sure beats cereal or commercial cinnamon buns! Give it a try, and let us know how it works for you. We are always interested in tweaks!
- 12 eggs
- 8 tbs of grass fed butter
- 8 tbs of whole fat coconut milk (here is our recommended brand)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Real Vanilla extract (here is our recommended brand)
- 1 cup coconut flour (here is our recommended brand)
- 1 tsp Lo Han (optional if you like sweet muffins! here is our recommended brand)
- 1 cup of organic blueberries (washed)
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Mix in eggs, butter, coconut milk, sea salt, vanilla, and Lo Han.
- Then stir in coconut flour until there are no lumps.
- Add in blueberries and mix until berries are evenly distributed in batter.
- Grease muffin tin or use cupcake liners, and the fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick test passed (no batter sticks to toothpick when inserted in center of muffin).
Enjoy with butter and tea!
Originally published on The Accidental Purist